See the FAQ for more information about the game!
Welcome to Adventure!
Avendar is a 100% free, multi-user fantasy RPG experience. As you represent a character progressing from a youthful adventurer to a world power, you can explore the second-to-none original fantasy world setting, advance in the intricate class system, experience intense player vs. player action, and forge friendships and rivalries that will become legend!
Avendar has been open for play since 1998, with ongoing developments and improvements that make it distinct from any other RPG. We have a small but dedicated community and staff, and we welcome you to join us and begin your adventure today.
Avendar is available to be played with any Telnet or MUD client at avendar.net:9999!
- Currently in Avendar: Temporarily disabled, sorry!
- Most recent advancement: Temporarily disabled, sorry!
- Most recent death: Temporarily disabled, sorry!
- A recent rumor: Temporarily disabled, sorry!
27 Sep 2018
- Shield block now respects the autodefend toggle as it should.
- Lowered the disarm rate of nerve and pummel.
- Grace and focused precision now scale their max damroll cap based on character level.
- Vanish now uses better logic to determine the room a character escapes to.
- Added mana costs to the following skills: nerve, stab, unseen strike, vital strike, disguise, garrote, dart, dive.
- Lowered mana costs on the following skills: prepare, taint, envenom, trap.
- Fixed an incorrect mana cost check on kick.
- Thief no longer receives: parry, pilfer, rush.
- Thief now receives: flourish, lunge, scramble.
- Added mana costs to the following skills: cower, backstab, circle stab, conceal, dash, slice, listen, steal, waylay, loot, cutpurse, relock, plant.
- Cower has a new implementation and its rate of improvement is slower than before.
- Conceal has a new implementation, fixing multiple bugs in the prior one.
- The search command now properly reveals concealed items as well as stashed ones.
- Trap has a new implementation but should function identically to its prior one.
- Waylay has a new implementation, fixing a bug with its interaction with diamond skin.
- Loot has a new implementation, which now focuses on stealing worn hats, necklaces, and rings.
- Steal can now improve on all targets and has other minor bugfixes.
- Cutpurse has a new implementation, making it a melee attack which targets and destroys containers in the target's inventory.
- Relock has a new implementation, but should function identically to its prior one.
- Plant has a new implementation, with changed odds for its success and numerous bugfixes.
- Backstab, dual backstab, circle stab, slice now only require a non-bashing weapon to be used.
- Bandit no longer receives: loot.
- Bandit now receives: roadblock.
- Added mana costs to the following skills: rob, set ambush, jab, drag, headbutt, batter, bind, gag, pummel, surprise attack, uppercut.
- Stash has a new implementation, integrating some bugfixes it shared with conceal.
- Rob has a new implementation, potentially stealing any worn item but always initiating combat.
- Bind has had its missing lag restored.
- Cunning eye and detect hidden both have minor bugfixes to the application of their detections.
- Bard no longer receives: parry.
- Bard now receives: flourish.
- Forage now properly checks for cursed locations such as the Mines of Gogoth or the Plains of Shargob.
- Aspect of the Inferno's melee damage boost is now calculated differently and not dependent on skill percent.
- Wall of fire is no longer effectively permanent and has the proper spell level applied to it.
- Ch'lonin can no longer be shaped by earth magic.
- Mobs with the instant_rot flag will no longer leave behind a corpse.
- Inventory items being sold by vendors will no longer linger after being bought.
- Shades should no longer be struck by stray arrows.
- Program flow adjustments and minor polish/bugfixes.
- Several bard guildmasters now have cloaks, to take advantage of their new defense.
- The high kkhilgh, the Siyyad Khil'Ayum, and the ancient srorsian have been normalized against their counterparts, the ancient griffin, Ghaunda, and the seraphic seal warden and all should provide a comparable experience now for high-end leveling.
- The cult that lives with the ancient srorsian is Fenthiran now, and neutrally-aligned. They're not terribly fussed if you kill their lizard anymore.
- Join us on Discord! http://discord.gg/avendar