Having influence over the powers of chaos, thermal energy, and destruction, scholars of this sphere draw their power from the elemental power of fire. Resonating with chaotic and evil tendencies, scholars who are lawful or good cannot choose this sphere as a discipline.
All scholars have the option of choosing a minor field of study to complement their major, a choice which grants them access to the lesser spells of that sphere. The increased awareness of both forms of magic sometimes lends greater insight into the Art than either alone, allowing for certain 'mixed-sphere' abilities, such as fire and earth combining to form lava.
- Fire/Water: a mage of these spheres gains mastery of thermics even as he blends creation and destruction to great effect.
- Fire/Earth: a scholar of these magics combines chaos and order, growing in mastery of both.
- Fire/Void: an adept of these arts is greatly feared as a master of both havoc and damnation.
- Fire/Spirit: a priestess of these planes calls holy fire down on her foes, rending all who would deter her cause.
- Fire/Air: drawing on chaos itself, a sorcerer of these studies turns misdirection deadly.
Those scholars who pursue the same minor sphere as major have opted instead to focus their efforts narrowly on one specific branch of magic, forgoing the broader understanding of magic to gain insight into the greater spells of their chosen sphere. Even here there is disagreement and diversity of thought; many masters of greater magic follow distinct paths of research as they delve deeply to gain understanding of the the Art.
- Path of the Flameheart: these dedicants transcend their mortal nature, drawing upon Fire to become partially elemental themselves.
- Path of the Raging Inferno: these magi embrace the destructive nature of the Inferno, channeling its power towards havoc and carnage.
- Path of the Golden Flame: these scholars seek out the deeper mysteries of the Flame, bending it to their wills.