Aegis of Grace Minor Spirit Benediction
Duration: 18 hours Minimum Cost: 70 mana
Range: Caster's group
Syntax: cast 'aegis of grace'
By enshrouding herself and her groupmates in protective magics drawn from
divine grace, a mage of the spirit sphere can ward allies against negative
influences. This spell reduces the damage taken from a variety of evil
sources, such as undead, demons, and magical damage of type harm, negative,
or defilement. As its power is drawn from the holiness of the one shielded,
the effectiveness of this aegis will vary according to the aura of the ally.
Those of evil bent will find no succor at all, while those with the purest
souls will be greatly protected. This spell may be cast before it has
expired, allowing a mage to maintain it evenly on the whole group.
Primary Attributes: Intelligence, Charisma
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.