Arc Shield Path of the Flickering Skies Defensive Skill
With their intensive focus on the manipulation of lightning, it is only
natural for those of the flickering skies to develop a shield against such
dangerous magics. This arc shield grants completely immunity to lightning
for the first of several such strikes, regardless of how powerful they might
be. However, if too many strikes occur in a short period of time, the
shield will fail completely, leaving the scholar no more protected than any
other. If the mage takes no lightning damage for a small amount of time,
the shield will automatically snap back in place, once more at full
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.