Boil Blood Fire/Water Malediction
Duration: level/16 hours Minimum Cost: 45 mana
Range: Single PC or Mob
Syntax: cast 'boil blood' <target>
A student of both the water and fire spheres can use her knowledge of the
former to target a victim's internal fluids, heating them greatly by applying
her studies of the latter. The result is an intense, internal pain coursing
through the veins of the unfortunate who ran afoul of the mage.
The victim may attempt to save against the water magics of Boil Blood;
should he fail, he will be afflicted with this potent curse, but may still
save against the fire magics to halve its effect. Once applied, this
malediction causes random spasms of pain, interfering with the execution of
a victim's trained skills and sometimes stopping him in his tracks when he
tries to move.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.