Brimstone Ward Greater Fire Room Effect
Duration: 3.5 + (level / 20) hours Minimum Cost: 60 mana
Cooldown: 6 - 12 hours, decreasing with skill
Syntax: cast 'brimstone ward'
By placing a Brimstone Ward on a room, a mage of fire calls forth latent
heat energy, willing it into a smoldering ring. The ward will react to
anyone who enters the room, including the caster himself, exploding into a
pillar of fire which does damage and potentially stuns the unfortunate
newcomer. Each time the ward fires its duration will be reduced, until it
is consumed completely through use or time. Flying victims are less likely
to resist being blown back and stunned by the force of the suddenly-flaring
pillar of fire.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.