Brume Water/Air Area Effect
Duration: 5 hours Minimum Cost: 100 mana
Cooldown: 30 hours
Syntax: cast 'brume'
The brume working channels the magics of a water and air scholar into a
thick, heavy fog, which lays about the area in which it was cast. This fog
will make it all but impossible to navigate through the place, obscuring the
surroundings and exits from each room. Furthermore, the dense water will
deflect a portion of light damage, reducing any which might occur. Those
trained in storm mastery will be unaffected by the disorienting effects of
Primary Attributes: Intelligence
See Also: STORM MASTERY
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.