Syntax: cast <spell> <target>
Before you can cast a spell, you have to practice it. The more you practice,
the higher chance you have of success when casting. Casting spells costs mana.
The mana cost decreases as your level increases.
The <target> is optional. Many spells which need targets will use an
appropriate default target, especially during combat.
If the spell name is more than one word, then you must quote the spell name.
Example: cast 'cure critic' Bob. Quoting is optional for single-word spells.
You can abbreviate the spell name.
When you cast an offensive spell, the victim usually gets a saving throw.
The effect of the spell is reduced or eliminated if the victim makes the
saving throw successfully.
See also the help sections for individual spells.
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.