Channel Wind Air/Earth Room Effect
Duration: (level / 34) + random(0.5 - 2) hours Minimum Cost: 60 mana
Cooldown: 8 - 11 hours, varies by skill
Syntx: cast 'channel wind' <north|south|east|west|up|down>
By forming the earth into a tunnel and channelling air through it, a mage
of wind and stone may create a sort of windtunnel, extending for potentially
several rooms. The gale forces rushing through it are enough to sometimes
push beings back along the path of the wind, provided they do not save
against bash. Those affected by the anchor spell are immune to this, as are
those shielded by a mistral ward.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: ANCHOR, MISTRAL WARD
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.