Chillfire Shield Fire/Void Benediction
Duration: 12 hours Minimum Cost: 100 mana
Cooldown: 0 (unexploded) Range: Self
Cooldown: 6-8.5 hours (exploded), varies by skill
Syntax: cast 'chillfire shield'
With his combined knowledge of planar and infernal magics, a mage of fire
and void may conjure up a darkly-burning shield of force to protect him. A
portion of the damage that would otherwise strike him is then redirected
into the flames about this shield, reducing the hurt to the caster. This
energy is not removed, however, just redirected; as more and more of it is
consumed by the fires, they will grow in intensity. If the shield gets too
hot it will shatter, exploding back on the attacker; if this occurs it will
be some time before the caster can summon another. Should the caster spend
some time away from combat the flames will begin to cool on their own.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.