Cinder Scry Minor Fire Utility
Duration : Instantaneous Minimum Cost: 80 mana
Range : Caster Only
Syntax: Cast 'Cinder Scry'
Syntax: Cast 'Cinder Scry' <number>
Even the least of fire magi can call upon their affinity to flames and seek
them out, even over great distances. By casting this spell with no argument,
will find the locations of campfires and other flames. Certain powerful
magics might restrict which may be sensed, but most such flames will become
evident to him. They may then cast the spell again, supplying one of the
fires as an argument specified by number. If successful, their newly-extended
senses will then perceive that fire and its surroundings as though they were
actually there, providing the output of the generalized 'where' command at
that flame, as well as the current state of the room.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.