Cinder Scry Major Fire Utility
Duration: Instantaneous Minimum Cost: 80 mana
Syntax: cast 'cinder scry'
Syntax: cast 'cinder scry' <number>
A master of the fire learns to follow its flickering rhythms,
divining through them the thin tendrils of power which link all flames to
the Inferno. Such a one can send his thoughts through that burning network,
perceiving the world with far more than normal mortal senses.
By casting cinder scry with no argument, a scholar can discern the locations
of campfires and other flames. Certain powerful magics might restrict which
flames can be sensed, but most such flames will become evident to him. He
may then cast the spell again, supplying one of the fires as an argument
specified by number. If successful, his newly-extended senses will then
perceive that fire and its surroundings as though he were actually there,
including a sense of which adventurers might be in the general vicinity.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.