Cloak of the Void Major Void Benediction
Duration : 3.5 Hours Minimum Cost: 50 mana
Range : Caster Only
Syntax: cast 'cloak of the void'
This spell wraps the caster in a cloak of negative energy, granting them a
significant reduction to all damage except holy damage. They will receive
increased reduction against cold damage and a bonus to their armour class.
The defiling power of the cloak cannot be maintained alongside the sanctuary
spell, and so will replace any such effect.
This spell cannot be used by anyone who has accrued gold aura. In fact, the
darker the caster's aura, the greater damage reduction this spell provides.
Primary Attributes: Intelligence, Wisdom
See Also: SANCTUARY, DAMAGE REDUCTION
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.