Clockwork Soul Earth/Void Skill
The path of the mage of earth and void is a singular one indeed, a life
filled with gears and springs and cold machinery. One of the clearest
manifestations of this lies in the clockwork soul training, which, once
learned, becomes an automatic reflex for the scholar.
With this skill, all damage taken by the practitioner gets routed to his
clockwork soul, a magical construct within. This damage will not be taken
normally, but instead be stored up and regularly metered out, allowing the
mage to weather what might otherwise be a mortal blow. The amount of damage
metered out is a fraction of that stored up, so the mage is cautioned to not
allow too much to be built up or else even the released amount may prove
lethal. Should the mage wish to release all stored damage at once rather
than wait for the metering, he may do so with the 'clockworksoul release'
Primary Attributes: Intelligence, Constitution
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.