Contaminate Water/Void Area Effect
Duration: (level / 10) hours Minimum Cost: 100 mana
Cooldown: 8 hours
Syntax: cast 'contaminate'
There are many who decry the combined studies of water and void, and
these critics often point to this spell as proof of the unholiness of the
union. With it, a mage learned in both may contaminate a body of water, by
casting the spell within or on it. From there, the contaminants will slowly
spread through the water until the expiration of the working. Any who cross
near that water -- even above it -- may be stricken with blindness, a curse,
or the plague. This unfortunate group does not exclude the caster, though
should he possess malefic insight, he may find that it helps him to ward off
the deleterious effects of the contaminated water.
Primary Attributes: Intelligence
See Also: MALEFIC INSIGHT
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.