Controlled Flight Minor Air Utility Skill
Acolytes of air learn to fly from early on in their training, practicing
this ability daily until it becomes as natural for them as breathing. Such
facility with flight allows them several advantages in the air, such as an
enhanced ability to scan at distance, and reduced fatigue when traveling
aloft. Perhaps most importantly, this training negates the normal
disadvantages of flying, in particular the susceptibility to high winds and
the instability in the face of blunt force attacks.
Primary Attribute: Dexterity
See Also: FLIGHT
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.