Countermagic Path of the Weavedancer Defensive Skill
As a Weavedancer grows in power, certain manipulations of energy become
innate to her. She learns to recognize offensive magics quickly, and can
react to them even as they are unleashed upon her. This ability is known as
countermagic, and for good reason: with it, a mage has a chance of
nullifying an offensive spell cast at her, or even turning it back on her
attacker. It is almost impossible, however, to perform countermagic against
another who knows countermagic as well.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.