Curse Minor Void Malediction
Duration : Level/4 Hours, See Text Minimum Cost: 20 mana
Range : Single PC, Mob, or Inventory Object
Syntax: Cast 'Curse' <target>
There are two functions for curses: An object that is cursed is stripped
of any blessings, and is considered evil if it was not already blessed.
Wearing this item will slightly hinder the bearer's saves-- this effect lasts
for six hours, but the item will be permanently considered evil. Contrary to
popular mythology, a cursed weapon is no more useful against particularly holy
targets than any other.
When cast on a living being, a curse will penalize its target's hitroll and
saves. A character affected by a curse cannot be transported by any form of
the word of recall spell, nor will they be moved by a spiritrecall.
This spell cannot be used by a caster who has any measure of gold aura.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence, Charisma
See also: WORD OF RECALL, HITROLL, SAVES
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.