Dispersion Major Fire Utility
Duration : Instantaneous Minimum Cost: 55 mana
Cooldown (combat): 5 - 8 hours, varies by skill
Cooldown (other): none
Syntax: Cast 'Dispersion'
An innovation based on the teleport spell dating back to the War of Fire,
dispersion will instantly transport the caster somewhere in the world at
random, at a cost of half his movement points and casting a fireball behind
him in his wake. Unlike the teleport spell, this spell may be cast in combat.
While many dangerous locations cannot be teleported into, many can, and the
spell carries no guarantee of safety. If this is used in combat, it will be
some time before the mage use it again; there is no such cooldown when used
outside of combat.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See also: TELEPORT, FIREBALL
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.