Displacement Path of the Flickering Skies Malediction
Duration: 0.5 + (level / 20) + random(0 - 4) hours Minimum Cost: 35 mana
Range: Single PC or Mob
Syntax: cast 'displacement' <target>
With the displacement working, a summoner of the flickering skies may
create a powerful field of opposing electrical force between himself and his
target. Once this field is established, it will react whenever both are in
the same room, possibly throwing the target about or into an adjacent room.
This will stun the target, and if he is not flying also damage him. Each
time the target is so thrown the field is slightly weakened, making it
easier for him to resist the next time; it will slowly regain its strength
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.