Drown Path of the Waveborne Attack
Duration: Variable / See Text Minimum Cost: 20 mana
Range: Target PC or Mob
Syntax: cast 'drown' <target>
This much-feared working of the Waveborne attempts to fill a target's
lungs with water, so as to drown them even on dry land. While so afflicted,
the target will take an increasing amount of damage each tick from oxygen
deprivation until he can cough up the water, an action he will automatically
attempt each tick. Furthermore, he will be unable to speak normally and
will find it difficult to cast spells. Those who can breathe underwater
will take no damage, though as the water is still present it will continue
to affect speaking and spell-casting, albeit far less frequently. This
spell is harder to resist when cast over water, and harder yet if cast under
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.