Encase Path of Wintertide Malediction
Duration (slowed): (level / 20) hours Minimum Cost: 25 mana
Duration (encased): (level / 34) hours Range: Single PC or Mob
Syntax: cast 'encase' <target>
This spell attempts to surround the target in encasing ice, doing a small
amount of cold damage and hindering his movements. The first time it is
applied, the target will find that his movement costs are increased, he is
less dextrous, and he moves more slowly both in combat and simply walking
about. Should this spell take effect a second time, the hapless victim will
be completely encased in ice, unable to move, attack, or be attacked until
it melts away.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: SLOW
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.