Flood Major Water Utility
Duration: 1 - 2 hours Minimum Cost: 50 mana
Cooldown: 12.5 hours
Syntax: cast 'flood'
The flood spell fills the mage's surroundings with water, effectively
rendering them as water rooms for a time. Rooms on the periphery of the
flood may not be fully underwater. The spell is most intense in the room in
which it is cast, as those caught in the sudden rush of water will have to
struggle against it; some of these might grow weary and slow from the
effort, for a time. Those with the waveborne skill or who possess aquatic
movement will not be slowed by the water.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: SLOW, DELUGE
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.