Swordmasters, void templars, water templars, and air templars are able to
assume various styles, or "forms", of combat. Each form will provide either a
static effect for as long as the user is in the stance, or activate a specific
effect randomly in combat. Assuming a form requires mana, and each round of
combat that a form is being used requires mana (and sometimes movement) to
maintain that form. If you do not have the mana to pay the cost of the form,
the form will drop. In addition, most forms have a counterform, that will
cause the character to lose his stance, rendering him vulnerable to attack.
Characters must be wielding a sword to assume a form.
See also: ASSUME
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.