Gate Major Void Transport
Duration : Instantaneous Minimum Cost: 80 mana
Range : Single PC or Mob
Syntax: Cast 'Gate' <target>
Gate tears a hole in the fabric of the material plane, allowing the caster to
step directly through the Void and emerging by the spell's target, back on the
material. As the mortal body is not suited to the rigors of the Void, the
passage will deal some damage to the caster. The heart of a once-living
creature must be used to power this spell. Both the level of the target and
the level of the creature the heart came from will affect this spell's chances
of success. If targetting a mobile, it is possible to specify multiple
keywords that relate to the target; this is often necessary for accuracy in
Primary Attribute: Intelligence, Dexterity
See also: TROPHY
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.