Geothermics Fire/Earth Benedictive Skill
A dedicant of both flame and stone learns to study the natural flows of
heat within the earth's crust, eventually developing the ability to draw on
them to augment his magical energies. Such a scholar will find that his
spells cost less mana to cast when in hills or on mountains, and
substantially less when underground. Moreover, the extra heat energy he can
summon while underground will enable him to increase the intensity of all
fire damage caused by the mage. This additional experience with geothermal
forces underground will also enable him to improve this skill more rapidly
Primary Attribute: Wisdom
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.