Glyph of Entombment Path of the Stoneshaper Utility
Duration: 1.5 + (level / 6) hours Minimum Cost: 160 mana
Cooldown: 15 - 20 hours, varies by skill
Syntax: cast 'glyph of entombment' <direction>
Few combine a greater knowledge of runes and symbolic magic with an
imposition of will upon the earth as the stoneshapers, a fact made manifest
in the glyph of entombment working. This spell may only be cast on an exit
of a room with physical ground; that is, not in the air or water. Should
anyone -- including the caster -- then walk through that exit, a wall of
stone will rise up to cover it, potentially sealing the victim within. No
more than one glyph may be inscribed in a single room at a time.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: WALL OF STONE
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.