Gravity Well Path of the Geomancer Area Effect
Duration: 3 hours Minimum Cost: 130 mana
Cooldown: 45 - 60 hours, varies by skill Range: Caster's Area
Syntax: cast 'gravity well'
Perhaps one of the most formidable spells of earth, gravity well changes
the nature of local gravity within an area. Movement costs increase
dramatically for any who are not stabilized, and those who attempt to fight
in this region will find it difficult to retain their balance in combat.
This well of gravity will prevent all means of flight in the area, and will
furthermore increase the effective weight of all worn and carried objects
for the purposes of encumbrance.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: FLIGHT, MOVEMENT, LAG, ENCUMBRANCE, STABILIZE
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.