Heart of the Inferno Path of the Golden Flames Utility
Duration: Permanent Minimum Cost: 500 mana
Cooldown: 1800 hours Range: Target Inventory Item
Syntax: cast 'heart of the inferno' <item>
By calling on the deeper recesses of the Inferno, a scholar who has
chosen to walk the path of the Golden Flames may summon a portion of that
burning core, imbuing it into an object composed of ruby. This is an
intensive rite which takes considerable time to prepare, but has been known
to create items of legendary power over time.
Each successive casting will increase the power of the object, causing it to
grant its bearer a bonus to either damage and accuracy with melee blows,
physical health and mental energy, or increase the effective level of fire
spells cast by the bearer. Due to the powerful energies contained within,
no one person may wear more than one Heart at any given time.
Primary Attributes: Intelligence, Wisdom
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.