Hoarfrost Water/Earth Room Effect
Duration: (level / 20) hours Minimum Cost: 35 mana
Cooldown: 4 hours
Syntax: cast 'hoarfrost'
By covering the ground with a sheen of icy hoarfrost, a mage of water and
earth may lay a trap for his foes. Any who walk into such a place will be
struck with magics akin to the encase spell, with all the same effects
should the victim not save. The caster himself is not immune to these
effects, though his knowledge of the workings of the trap greatly improves
his odds of saving against it.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: ENCASE
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.