Holy Ground Spirit/Earth Area Effect
Duration: 6 hours Minimum Cost: 200 mana
Cooldown: 24 hours Requires Annointing Oil
Range: Entire area
Syntax: cast 'holy ground'
By pouring out annointing oils upon the ground, a mage who studies both
spirit and earth can extend a blessing to an entire area. An area thus
consecrated will double the mana cost of casting void spells. Furthermore,
those of good alignment will find it easier to save against spells in such
an area, and additionally take less damage. These effects are all lesser
than those of the sanctify spell, which stacks only partially with this spell.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: SANCTIFY
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.