Hone Weapon Minor Earth Utility
Duration: 45 hours Minimum Cost: 120 mana
Range: Inventory Object
Syntax: cast 'hone weapon' <weapon>
Even an apprentice mage of earth eventually garners substantial knowledge
in the working of raw physical matter, a fact evident in the hone weapon
spell among others. With these magics such a scholar may both repair and
improve a weapon, albeit temporarily. The points and edges of piercing and
slashing weapons will be honed by this spell, resulting in a small boost to
damroll; bashing weapons will be rebalanced, improving their hitroll.
Weapons which do not deal physical damage lie outside the purview of such
basic earth magics, and thus cannot be honed. Facility with the forgemaster
skill will slightly improve this working.
Primary Attributes: Wisdom, Dexterity
See Also: FORGEMASTER
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.