Hovering Shield Air/Earth Defense
Duration: random(2.5 - 7.5) hours Minimum Cost: 100 mana
Range: Target Inventory Object
Syntax: cast 'hovering shield' <shield>
By binding the agility of air with the protective forces of earth, a
scholar of both spheres may animate a shield, causing it to hover about
herself. This working will fail on any item which floats naturally, and the
caster must not be already wearing a floating item. While the shield hovers
about her, it will occasionally interpose itself in combat, protecting her
from harm. Once the spell expires, the shield will return directly to the
Primary Attributes: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.