Ice Storm Path of Wintertide Area Effect
Duration: 4 hours Minimum Cost: 150 mana
Cooldown: 45 hours Range: Current Area
Syntax: cast 'ice storm'
A mage of Wintertide may use this working to summon forth a powerful
blizzard to blanket the area. While the area is so affected, movement cost
therein is tripled, attempts to locate others via the 'where' command will
fail, noticing others entering and leaving rooms grows difficult, and
scanning and archery become all but impossible. Blazing infernos will be
extinguished and prevented, and the area as a whole will grow quite cold, if
not already so. Furthermore, those caught out in the blowing snow will
suffer periodic cold damage. Such a storm may not be summoned underwater.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.