Infernal Dance Path of the Flameheart Utility Skill
Duration: Discretion of User Cost to Initiate: 75 mana
Cooldown: 7.5 - 10 hours, varies by skill
Syntax: infernaldance (used to toggle on and off)
By opening their minds to the subtle rhythms of the Inferno, the
Flameheart learns to embrace that hidden music only a privileged few can
hear. Such a one will be spurred on by the firesong, casting fire spells
with increased tempo as she suffers reduced lag from each casting. This
enhanced speed comes at some cost, however: the caster must continue to
follow the ever more frenzied melodies with her mind, increasing the mana
cost of each fire spell cast. The price grows steeper the longer she keeps
her mind open to the Infernal Dance, growing geometrically with time.
Should the caster fall asleep at any point, her focus will break and her
mind will close to the Dance. She will suffer a penalty to her mana while
recovering from her exposure to the Inferno.
Primary Attributes: Intelligence, Dexterity
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.