Ionize Path of the Flickering Skies Malediction
Duration: random((level / 4) - (level / 2)) hours Minimum Cost: 16 mana
Range: Single PC or Mob
Syntax: cast 'ionize' <target>
By charging the air about himself or a target, an adept of the flickering
skies may increase the susceptibility to lightning. This adds a small
penalty to saving against lightning, and also significantly increases the
odds of being struck by natural lightning from the skies. If the target
possesses the shockcraft skill, only the increased odds of a natural
lightning strike applies -- the facility with shockcraft negates the penalty
to saving against lightning.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.