Syntax: Kill <Target>
The kill command has two functions. Firstly, it allows a player to
initiate combat with a mobile.
The second use is in a fight with multiple participants. If a character
is being attacked by more than one person, he can switch who he targets
his blows toward by typing "kill <target>". Thusly, if someone is
fighting a bear and a hen, to switch from striking at the bear to
striking at the hen, type "kill hen". Kill cannot be used to draw in a
mob or person that is not already fighting if the character is already
otherwise engaged in a fight.
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.