Lethebane Minor Spirit Skill
Syntax: wake <target>
Even those with only a passing interest in spirit magics eventually learn
to develop a basic awareness of -- and control over -- dreams and sleep.
Those trained in the lethebane skill will gain resistances to being forced
into magical sleep, as from the sleep and drowse spells. Furthermore, a
mage so gifted can use the 'wake' command to simply awaken any save himself
caught in forced sleep; used this way the ability will assist against even
physical sources of enforced sleep, such as waylay. The scholar should take
heed, though, that while this might lift the immediate unconsciousness, it
will do little to fix the underlying cause of the unnatural rest.
Primary Attribute: Wisdom
See Also: SLEEP, DROWSE, WAYLAY
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.