Maelstrom Waveborne Attack
Duration : 0.5 + (Level/10) Hours Minimum Cost: 200 mana
Range : Special Recast Delay: Special
Syntax: Cast 'Maelstrom'
The undisputed masters of the open seas, scholars of the Waveborne are able to
make them rise up against their foes. So long as they are in a space where
there are at least three adjacent rooms on or under water, they may cast this
spell, raising the entire contingous body of water in a maelstrom. Maelstrom
waters will continually both lag and damage everyone save the caster within
them; those affected by aquatic movement, Sunset sigil, or are themselves
Waveborne will be less affected. Anyone not caught in a whirlpool, excepting
those affected by the anchor spell, might get thrown out of the room.
The recast delay ranges from 50 to 17.5 hours, dependent on the caster's
proficiency with the spell.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: WAVEBORNE, AQUATIC MOVEMENT, SUNSET SIGIL, ANCHOR, FLOOD
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.