Manifest Weave Path of the Weavedancer Utility
Duration: 0.5-2 hours Minimum Cost: 100 mana
Range: Room Exit
Syntax: cast 'manifest weave' <direction>
With the manifest weave spell, a dedicant of the Weave may draw upon a
local ley line to conjure forth a mesh barrier formed of golden energy.
This barrier is created on the exit of a room, and will prevent attempts to
move through that exit in either direction. As the barrier is both physical
and metaphysical, it may not be defeated by pass door or similar workings;
however, small objects and particulate matter -- such as thrown weapons,
distance spells, and air scholars in gaseous form -- will be unimpeded by
Only one manifestation of the Weave may be directly created in a room,
though it is possible to seal additional exits by conjuring a barrier from
adjacent rooms. Though there this no limit to the number of such workings,
each wall will only last a short while before the raw quintessence
dematerializes once more.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: GASEOUS FORM, THROW, WALL OF STONE
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.