Mantle of Rain Air/Water Benediction
Duration: 2 hours Minimum Cost: 80 mana
Syntax: cast 'mantle of rain'
The mage who is well-versed in the magics of both air and water may draw
a protective mantle of rain about himself. Damage from blunt force will be
significantly reduced as it tries to pass through the shielding water, and
to a lesser extent damage from fire, sound, light, and slashing sources will
also be reduced. Any damage the caster takes from lightning or drowning
attacks, however, will be increased. Other forms of damage are unaffected
by the mantle.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.