Martyr's Fire Fire/Water Benediction
Duration: 3 hours Minimum Cost: 15 mana
Syntax: cast "martyr's fire"
By burning away a portion of her own life, a mage with an understanding
of both fire and water magics may empower her healing spells, boosting their
strength beyond normal limits. This empowerment comes at no small risk,
however, as the volatile nature of the fire magics used to consume the life
energy does not lend itself to being carefully controlled. For this reason,
students of these endeavors are often cautioned to be careful, lest overuse
of this ability consume them completely.
Primary Attributes: Intelligence, Charisma
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.