Miasma of Waning Air/Void Benediction
Duration: 12 hours Minimum Cost: 85 mana
Syntax: cast 'miasma of waning'
By drawing upon the enfeebling powers of void and dispersing them with
the magics of air, a mage of both spheres may form a debilitating haze about
herself. Any in the same room as the caster -- regardless of whether allied
with her -- will suffer a penalty to their hit points for so long as they
remain in the same room. This penalty will be applied from simple proximity
to the miasma, and does not provoke combat. While the caster is immune to
her own miasma, should she encounter another with the same haze about them
she will suffer the same penalty; however, the two miasma will not double
the penalty for her or anyone else in the room.
Primary Attributes: Intelligence, Charisma
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.