Molten Shield Fire/Earth Benediction
Duration: level/12 hours Minimum Cost: 80 mana
Syntax: cast 'molten shield'
Using potent fire magics and her studied understanding of earthen
formations, a student of both can melt a shield of liquid rock about
herself, helping to lessen the blows of physical attacks and partially
ground out lightning strikes. This equates to a resistance to both physical
and electrical damage, which increases slightly as facility with the spell
improves. In addition to this resistance, attackers striking the shield
will find themselves catching a small spray of liquid rock, which burns for
a small amount.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.