Mudfoot Curse Minor Earth Malediction
Duration: (level / 4) hours Minimum Cost: 30 mana
Syntax: cast 'mudfoot curse' <target>
By calling up the soft clinging mud of the earth to bind to an opponent's
feet, a scholar may hamper his foe's movement. Should the target fail to
save, she will be afflicted by the mudfoot curse, suffering a penalty to her
dexterity and requiring a small amount of additional effort when moving.
Furthermore, if she is on solid ground and neither flying nor stabilized, the
target risks periodic slipping; this is more likely to happen in combat.
Slipping will lag the target briefly and may send her down any nearby
slopes. Those with higher dexterity will be able to avoid slipping more
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: FLIGHT, STABILIZE
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.