Oceanswell Path of the Waveborne Benediction
Duration: (level / 4) hours Minimum Cost: 150 mana
Cooldown: 3.5 - 5 hours, varies by skill
Syntax: cast 'oceanswell'
By drawing on the power of the seas, a mage may employ this working to
empower her water elemental, increasing its capabilities. The spell, which
may only be cast on or under water, will furthermore draw enough power in to
duplicate the magical creature, resulting in a second elemental. Rumors
abound of particularly-skilled casters who have infrequently managed even a
third elemental from this spell, but if so it has not been recorded how to
do so reliably. It should be noted that the power borrowed by this spell
comes at a cost, as the added instability will eventually destroy the
elementals, rendering them back into mere lifeless water once more.
Primary Attributes: Intelligence, Charisma
See Also: WATER ELEMENTAL SUMMON
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.