Parasitic Bond Spirit/Void Malediction
Duration: 0.5 + (level/20) hours Minimum Cost: 30 mana
Range: Single PC or Mob
Syntax: cast 'parasitic bond' <target>
A scholar of spirit and void may open a channel to another's spirit,
forming a parasitic bond with it. With such a conduit in place, a portion
of any damage taken by the caster will be transferred to the host of the
bond, thereby reducing the pain to the mage. This transfer will take place
regardless of whether the victim is in the same room as the mage, and is
capable of killing the host. For this reason among others, such magi are
not to be dismissed lightly.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.