Phoenix Dirge Path of the Raging Inferno Defensive Skill
The scholar who studies the art of the flame eventually learns to fill
themselves with phoenixsong, that elusive melody audible only to those who
truly understand the rhythm of the fire. Armed with this power, the mage is
able to transcend death itself, using the dirge to burn herself back to
Phoenix dirge offers an automatic chance to instantly restore a scholar when
she would otherwise die. The protection is not complete, though a more
skilled mage will find it fails her less often. Immediately after burning
back to life, the scholar will suffer a temporary penalty to her maximum
health; during this time, she cannot call upon the dirge again. Even if the
song takes effect and restores the mage, the shock of death to her system
will still take its toll, costing her one of her lives -- regardless, the
dirge can protect her from the final death.
Primary Attributes: Wisdom, Constitution
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.