Pyrokinetic Mirror Fire/Air Illusion
Duration: (level + 9)/2 hours Minimum cost: 100 mana
Cooldown: 2.5 - 5 hours, decreases with skill
Syntax: cast 'pyrokinetic mirror'
By binding wisps of air magic and charging them with the Inferno's heat,
a mage can create an illusory copy of herself. This copy will wander about
the area in which she creates it, acting as a decoy; should anyone strike
it, the heat trapped within will explode towards the attacker, burning them.
Though they will eventually fade with time (or when struck), multiple such
copies may be made and maintained at once. After striking such an illusion,
non-adventurers which were tracking the caster may be so confused (or so
singed) as to stop hunting her altogether, though this is no guarantee.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.