Quarry Path of the Stoneshaper Creation
Duration: Instantaneous Minimum Cost: 150 mana
Cooldown: 30 - 60 hours, varies by skill
Syntax: cast 'quarry'
Those who study the path of the stoneshaper learn to force their wills
upon the earth, digging up stone to bend to their whims. With this spell,
one so trained may produce pieces of stone armor somewhat at random, based
on the predominant type of stone forming the ground in that room or area.
This armor may be carved with the stonecraft skill just like any stone
object. Certain magi have affinities for particular stone types, and will
more regularly quarry better equipment from those types; the specific types
vary from character to character.
In addition to armor, there is a small chance of quarrying a gem at random
from the earth. This gem may be sold or otherwise used like any gem.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: STONECRAFT
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.