Reinforce Minor Earth Benediction
Duration: (level / 2) hours Minimum Cost: 40 mana
Range: Self, Groupmate, or Inventory Object
Syntax: cast 'reinforce'
cast 'reinforce' <groupmate>
cast 'reinforce' <object>
By drawing the defensive power of earth into an object, a mage may
reinforce it, temporarily rendering it nearly indestructible and improving
its armor class. The value of the armor class bonus is dependent on the
initial bonus provided by the object; better armor will be more heavily
improved. Weapons thus reinforced will not degrade with use, until the
In addition to casting the spell directly on an object, the mage may target
himself or a groupmate; in this case, all objects worn by the target will be
reinforced, as though the mage had reinforced each object individually.
This spell may be renewed before expiration. Facility with the forgemaster
skill will improve the armor class bonus granted by this spell.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: FORGEMASTER
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.